Liebermann Reagent Description
Use the Liebermann reagent testing kit:
- To identify meth/amphetamine
- To test for levamisole (a common cocaine cut)
- As a follow up test for MDMA, ketamine, cocaine, mescaline, and heroin
- To identify synthetic cathinones (bath salts), such as methylone, ethylone and others
Test Kit Includes:
- Bottle with testing fluid
- Color chart with instructions
- Multiple-use testing vial
- Protective storage/transport jar
Test Kit instructions
- Put a small sample into the testing vial. Your sample should be about this size: (●)
- Hold the testing vial above the open plastic jar, so that if a drop misses the vial, it will land in the jar.
- Place 1-2 drops of the testing liquid from the dropper bottle onto the sample. DO NOT let the sample touch the bottle nozzle, or the reagent will get contaminated!
- Watch the color change over 30-60 sec.
- Compare the reaction color with the color chart provided.
- Tightly close the dropper bottle. If you’re using more than one testing fluid, make sure you only open one bottle at a time. If you accidentally switch caps, the testing liquid will get contaminated and ruined.
- Thoroughly wash the testing vial after each use.
- Store the dropper bottle in a cold place to maximize shelf life, like a freezer.
Liebermann Reagent Color Reactions
Liebermann Reagent Color Chart Image
While other substances may also produce color changes, we have found Liebermann to change colors with:
2C-B, 2C-E, 2C-I, 3-MeO-PCE, 3-MeO-PCP, 3-MMC, 4-Methylmethylphenidate, 5-APB, 5-MeO-DMT, 6-APB, amphetamine, aspirin, BZP, caffeine, cocaine, codeine, DMT, ephedrine, ethylone, heroin, ibuprofen, ketamine, levamisole, lidocaine, MDA, MDE, MDMA, mephedrone, mescaline, methamphetamine, methylone, methylphenidate, modafinil (Provigil), morphine, MXE, MXP, paracetamol (acetaminophen, Tylenol), phenacetin, PMA, PMMA, sugar, xylazine
While reagent testing is the best method for on-the-spot testing, it is never 100% conclusive. There are many variables that can impact what the reaction looks like. Lighting, impurities, and unwanted substances in your sample may all play a role.
No drug (whether legal or illegal) is completely safe, we recommend avoiding all recreational drug use.