Use this kit to test for the presence of 2C-B, otherwise known as “Venus”, “Nexus”, “Bees”, and other street names.
Some of the drugs that have been reported to be missold as 2C-B include:
- Other 2C drugs: Various other 2C chemicals, such as 2C-I and 2C-E, have been sold as 2C-B due to their similar chemical structures and effects. These compounds can have different potencies and effects, so misrepresentation can be dangerous.
- MDMA (Molly/Ecstasy): MDMA is a popular recreational drug that is commonly missold as 2C-B due to its empathogenic and entactogenic effects, which might be confused with the emotional openness and sensory effects of 2C-B.
- Synthetic Cathinones (Bath Salts): Some reports have suggested that synthetic cathinones, a group of synthetic stimulants commonly known as “bath salts,” have been misrepresented as 2C-B. These substances can have different effects and risks compared to 2C-B.
Testing Kit Includes
- 1 x Marquis reagent
- 1 x Liebermann reagent
- 1 x Froehde reagent
- Color chart with instructions for each test
- 3 x Multiple-use testing vial
- Protective storage/transport jar
If your sample contains 2C-B, you should expect a yellow to green color reaction with Marquis, a darker green color with Liebermann, and a yellow to light green color reaction with Froehde. Please see the color chart below. 2C-E, 2C-I and MDMA each have different color reaction profiles.
2C-B Color Reactions Chart
You should expect the following color reactions with 2C-B and the following test kits:
Using the 2C-B Test Kit to Test for 2C-B
|Step 1) Start with the Marquis test. If your sample doesn’t go from yellow to green with this test (over the course of a minute or so), what you have is not 2C-B. No further testing is required. If your sample does turn yellow and then green, proceed to step two.
Product details: Marquis Test Kit »
|Step 2) Next, test your sample with the Liebermann test. If the color reaction between your sample and the testing liquid doesn’t go to an almost black color intermingling with a yellow/green quickly, what you have is not 2C-B.
Product details: Liebermann Test Kit »
|Step 3) Finally, test your sample with the Froehde test. As with the Marquis test you conducted first, you should see a yellow color changing to green. The change to green will likely happen more quickly than with Marquis, but the green will be less vivid with Froehde.
Product details: Froehde Test Kit »
While reagent testing is the best method for on-the-spot testing, it is never 100% conclusive. There are many variables that can impact what the reaction looks like. Lighting, impurities, and unwanted substances in your sample may all play a role.
No drug (whether legal or illegal) is completely safe, we recommend avoiding all recreational drug use.