James Fadiman’s Protocol (Beginners Protocol)
Micro-dosing involves taking a tiny dose of psychedelic hallucinogens or other drugs. Most popularly, people use magic mushrooms (psilocybin) or LSD (acid), but you could potentially micro-dose on any substance. Also, when taking a micro-dose, you should not experience sensory or cognitive distortion. If you do, decrease the dose!
What are the benefits of micro-dosing?
Most data collected indicating potential health benefits of micro-dosing were collected through self-reporting, which is not the most reliable way. However, more and more studies are investigating their direct effect. Another issue, is that we don’t really know the long-term effects of micro-dosing.
A study in Harm Reduction Journal categorized several possible benefits from reports by microdosers. These benefits include:
- Improved focus, concentration, and mindfulness
- Improved energy, wakefulness, and stimulation
- Cognitive benefits, such as enhanced problem solving
- Social benefits
- Reduced anxiety
- Reduced symptoms, such as stress
- Improved mood, optimism, and life appreciation
- Improved body functioning
- Self-efficacy, including improved ambition, productivity, and motivation
There are different protocols that can help guide you through this journey. All of them include a resting period of 2-4 weeks after finishing a cycle of 4-8 weeks of micro-dosing. This is an essential step to avoid building tolerance and maintain the beneficial effects.
- Fadiman Protocol
- Micro-dosing Institute Protocol
- Stamet’s Protocol
- Nightcap Protocol
- Intuitive micro-dosing
James Fadiman’s Protocol
The most well-known micro-dosing protocol is named after Dr. James Fadiman. He created this protocol to observe the effects of micro-dosing by clearly distinguishing between micro-dosing days and non-microdosing days.
- DAY 1: 1st micro-dosing day
- DAY 2: transition day (after glow effect)
- DAY 3: normal day
- DAY 4: 2nd micro-dosing day
CYCLE: Continue this cycle for four to eight weeks
RESET: Two to four weeks of rest
- Be conservative when it comes about dosage and days between doses. Dr. Fadiman recommends something like one-tenth of a normal dose. For LSD, a normal dose could be between 100-120 micrograms (mcg), so a micro-dose should be between 6 and 12 mcg. However, you are your own expert, listen to your body!
- Follow your nomal patters: make sure you eat as normal, drink water, take your medication, have restful sleep, and any normal activity you follow.
- Be discreet about who you tell about your experience.
- Test your substance! No benefit will come from a laced substance.
Product placement: LSD Test Kits »