Use this kit to test for the presence of opiates (heroin, morphine, codeine) and other substances.
Additionally, this test reacts distinctly with DXM, which is used in cough suppressants, but too often sold as fake Ecstasy. The test will yield a yellow color with DXM instead of dark blue/black, which is what you’d expect with real Ecstasy.
A chart showing color reactions, as well as a multi-use testing vial, are also included with the kit.
Test Kit Includes:
- Testing fluid
- Color chart with instructions
- Multiple-use testing vial
- Protective storage/transport jar
- Opiates (Heroin, Morphine, Codeine) turn from a green to a blueish color.
- If you’re using this test to screen for Ecstasy (MDMA), you should expect to see a green color quickly turn to dark blue/black within just a couple of seconds (see the MDMA test demo video).
- Note: If you don’t store the bottle in a cold place like a freezer, the test liquid will darken over time. Even if the liquid appears completely black, you can still use the test on a white surface (like a ceramic plate). When testing, we recommend putting a drop beside the sample as well, so that you can compare colors.
- If your sample contains more than one substance that react with the reagent, both substances will react at the same time, yielding a blended color.
- It’s always better to test with multiple test liquids, such as the Marquis test, and the Mandelin test. If you can afford it, we highly recommend the Essential Test Kit (3-In-1).
- The testing vial that comes with the kit helps prevent your skin from contacting the reagent while testing. Extra testing vials are also great for when you’re on the go. But, using a white ceramic plate can help you see the results more easily.
Test Kit instructions
- Put a small sample into the testing vial. Your sample should be about this size: (●)
- Hold the testing vial above the open plastic jar, so that if a drop misses the vial, it will land in the jar.
- Place 1-2 drops of the testing liquid from the dropper bottle onto the sample. DO NOT let the sample touch the bottle nozzle, or the reagent will get contaminated!
- Watch the color change over 30-60 sec. Some reactions occur quickly (Cocaine takes only a few seconds to start reacting). Other reactions can take a longer time.
- Compare the reaction color with the color chart provided.
- Tightly close the dropper bottle. If you’re using more than one testing fluid, make sure you only open one bottle at a time. If you accidentally switch caps, the testing liquid will get contaminated and ruined.
- Thoroughly wash the testing vial after each use.
- Store the dropper bottle in a cold place to maximize shelf life, like a freezer.
|Substance||Color Change||Time →|
|Opiates (Heroin, Morphine, Codeine)||Bluish green|
|MDMA/MDA/MDE (Ecstasy)||Green to dark blue/black|
|Amphetamine (Speed), Cocaine, Ketamine||No reaction|
More Color Reactions
For the most up-to-date color reaction results, see our drug testing results page.
While reagent testing is the best method for on-the-spot testing, it is never 100% conclusive. There are many variables that can impact what the reaction looks like. Lighting, impurities, and unwanted substances in your sample may all play a role.
No drug (whether legal or illegal) is completely safe, we recommend avoiding all recreational drug use.