Our reagents come in durable glass bottles that don’t react with the liquid. The testing liquid will last a long time (over 2 years) if you store it appropriately.
- Store reagents at a cool temperature, between 2°–10°C (36°–50°F). If that’s not possible, try storing at a consistent temperature in the range of 2°–22°C (36°–72°F). Extreme temperature fluctuations (say from a fridge to a hot car trunk), can cause reagents to deteriorate.
- Store the bottle upright.
- Keep out of prolonged direct sunlight.
- Replace caps immediately and tighten them carefully so that exposure to air and humidity is limited.
- If you have more than one reagent, avoid switching bottle caps!
Posted in: Testing Questions